NOSC offers a wide variety of educational programs in Jefferson and Clallam Counties. Below are some of our programs but we are happy to tailor an educational experience to meet your specific learning objectives. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Classroom visits and all-school assemblies on a variety of salmon topics
- Outdoor educational games with FIN, our giant traveling salmon
- 300+ students at Grant Street Elementary school participate in this program
- More schools welcome! Appropriate for grades K-6th
Senior Projects and High School Mentorship
- Local high school students work with NOSC staff to complete senior projects
- Commitment of 50 volunteer hours
- Connecting the next generation of environmental leaders to tools and resources, experts in the field, and partner organizations
- Check out our archive of completed projects!
Chimacum Creek Stewards
- Fish counting
- Macroinvertebrate studies
- Service Learning Projects – Tree plantings, invasive species removal
- 150+ students at Chimacum Middle School participate in this program
- More classes/home schools welcome! Appropriate for grades 4th – 8th
- Classroom visits, indoor and outdoor lessons
- “Who Works with Salmon?”
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- Service Learning Projects – Stormdrain marking
- 40+ students at Blue Heron Middle School and Swan School participate in this program
- Other classes and schools welcome! Appropriate for grades 4th – 8th
Restoration at Work
- Restoration site tours around Jefferson and Clallam Co.
- Service Learning Projects – Native tree plantings, surveying, site monitoring
- 20+ students with the North Olympic Peninsula Skills Center participate in this program annually
- Contact NOSC to get your students out to see how habitat restoration really works!
Tracking the Dragon
Explore the pages of the full-color, richly illustrated Tracking the Dragon game book created in 1990 by our predecessors, Wild Olympic Salmon. Using clues in the book, search for the Dragon Tracks hidden throughout the watershed of East Jefferson County. Can be done as a class, a family or an individual.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the office to purchase books, $15 each
FIN the Migrating Salmon (Oncorhynchus bodacicus giganticus)
You have to see FIN to believe her. Our 25-foot long summer chum sculpture that you can climb inside! Incredible.
To request FIN visit your school as part of a NOSC education program, please contact email@example.com