What a Festival! Click here for more information , photos, and more.
The community gathered for a day of revelry, music, poetry, games, films, fish-printing, food, Fin, and fun.
When: November 1, 2014: setup: 9am -12pm. Opening Fire Ceremony: 12 noon. Festival: 12 to 6pm. Closing Salmon Lantern Ceremony: 5:30pm, Cleanup: 6pm on.
Who: You. Your friends. There will be activities for the whole family.
What else you should know:
- Volunteers: This is a volunteer-led festival and we are still seeking volunteers to pitch in, especially for cleanup, leading kids’ activities, and collecting donations. See below for more info. and to sign up!
- Food will be available for purchase from the Cape Cleare Salmon Cart, Dented Buoy Pizza, the Boiler Room, and more.
- Dress: It is November in Washington. Please dress for the weather, and consider coming in festive attire! Bright Colors, Costumes, fishing clothes, Grundens, silly hats, etc. etc. etc.
- What else to bring:
- A water bottle and/or thermos could be great. Drinking fountains are onsite and hot beverages will be for sale.
- Your salmon lantern if you have made one in one of our workshops! We will have a few lights to hang inside, but consider bringing a light yourself.
- A donation for the festival expenses, if you are inclined.
- A blank t-shirt, sweatshirt, banner, or other piece of fabric for s FISH PRINTING. T-shirts will also be for sale.
- A fish story, a song, an instrument, a random gift, etc. to share with your neighbors around a fire.
(Hey, tell us you’re coming on Facebook!)
We need volunteers! Please find here a list of tasks, and contact info. for specific organizers.
Site Assistance: contact Don Landstra: djlandstar[at]yahoo.com
- Setup – General (Friday Oct. 31, 3-6pm)
- Setup – General (Saturday Nov. 1, 9am-12pm)
- Cleanup – General (Sat. evening, 6:00-?) TOP PRIORITY!
Collecting Donations during the festival! contact Reed Aubin: raubin[at]nosc.org or 379-8051.
- Receive Donations and Steward money during the festival
Youth Activities: contact Dale Koenig eladkoenig[at]gmail.com or Wilma Hackman oak[at]olypen.com
- Help Youth make Salmon Art (12:30 to 5:30pm)
Opening and Closing Ceremonies: contact Thaddeus Jurcynski: tadezdada[atyahoo.com
- Opening Ceremony (12pm) Join in the ceremony! Contact Thaddeus!
- Lanterns: We need help organizing lanterns and attaching lights to them. People will bring their lanterns to the festival and will want somewhere to put them. So, we need a couple of volunteers to be on hand through the day to help out. We
- Closing Ceremony (5:30pm). We need help getting people organized for the lantern ceremony.
Thank you to all of our donors and volunteers!