Scholarship for Graduating Seniors – deadline June 17th
The Paul G. Ancich Memorial Scholarship was established in 2011 by the Washington State Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group Coalition in honor of Paul G. Ancich, a dedicated coalition member, lifelong commercial fisherman and a passionate advocate towards the preservation of wild salmon.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2016
Download the application materials here:
Who is Eligible:
The scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Washington State high school student who is accepted in a two or four year university or college and plans to major in environmental/natural science, fisheries, biology, ecology, hydrology or related field.
The Paul G. Ancich Memorial Scholarship will be awarded by the Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group Coalition in the amount of $1200 and will be paid directly to the school of the awarded recipient’s choice.
Criteria for Selection:
1. A high school senior with an acceptance letter to a two or four year college or university with a course of study leading to a major in environmental science, fisheries, biology, ecology, hydrology or related field.
2. Participation in a community or personal project that enhances, protects or restores wild salmon.
3. An essay, describing your perspective of wild salmon within the Pacific Northwest Watersheds and how restoration activities may be beneficial.
4. Grades will be considered, but in context of demonstrated involvement and future goals related to the natural resource professions.
A Completed Application Consists of:
1. A cover letter including the applicant’s contact information, a) Describe any participation or involvement in salmon-related issues. (b) What is your relationship with your local Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group?
2. All high school transcripts.
3. A one page essay (refer to #3 under “Criteria for Selection”)
4. A letter of acceptance from a college or university you plan to attend in the fall.
5. A letter of reference.
Send Completed Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 17th, 2016